You are now leaving this website to view another Albireo website.
Starting a new treatment can be a time filled with questions, uncertainty—and hopefully some excitement as well. Albireo Assist is here to help all along the way.
Albireo Assist is a patient support program that is designed to help patients and families during treatment with Bylvay (odevixibat).
There is no cost to enroll in Albireo Assist. We’re just here to help you navigate the way. Learn all about the support services available to you below.
Click each section below to open it and read more about the services available.
Financial & Insurance Assistance
The goal of Albireo Assist is to help make Bylvay™ (odevixibat) treatment affordable and available to those who have been prescribed it. Your Albireo Assist Care Coordinator can help make obtaining Bylvay easier for you by evaluating your health insurance and helping with the coverage process.
Your Care Coordinator can evaluate your benefits, deductibles, and copay or coinsurance, and can help secure the paperwork used by insurance companies to determine whether they will cover the cost of a prescribed medicine (known as prior authorization), as well as helping with any other requirements.
We know that paying for treatment can sometimes be a challenge. There may be financial assistance programs available to you. Once you are signed up with Albireo Assist, you will be automatically enrolled in the financial assistance programs for which you may be eligible. Your dedicated Care Coordinator can help you understand your insurance and coverage options, and which programs you might be eligible for.
Even with insurance, affording prescription medication can be difficult. If you qualify, your Care Coordinator can help you enroll in the Copay Assistance Program, which can help you get your Bylvay™ (odevixibat) medication with less out-of-pocket cost. This option, which could bring your copay to as little as $0, is available for some people who have commercial or private health insurance and meet the eligibility requirements.*
*This Copay Program is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare (including Part D), Medigap, VA, DoD, Tricare or other federal or state healthcare programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs). The Program is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs which reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. The maximum amount of Copay assistance under the Program is $20,000.00 per calendar year. See the full TERMS AND CONDITIONS at the bottom of this page.
Learn more about the Copay Assistance Program from your Care Coordinator.
Patient Assistance Program
The Patient Assistance Program can provide free drug to patients with financial need. This program is available to eligible patients who qualify based on income and other financial factors. Your Care Coordinator can discuss with you if you are eligible for this program.
Learn more about the Patient Assistance Program from your Care Coordinator.
Not sure which financial assistance programs may be able to help you?
Your Albireo Assist Care Coordinator can help by walking you through options based on your individual situation. Just give us a call at 855-ALBIREO (855-252-4736), 8am-6pm ET, or contact your Care Coordinator directly.
Dedicated, Live Support
When you enroll in Albireo Assist, you will be contacted by your Care Coordinator, who will be your primary contact with the program. Your Care Coordinator has training and experience with the healthcare system and with rare diseases, so they understand the challenges you may be facing.
Your Care Coordinator is regionally based and is fully dedicated to your case and to helping you along this journey. Most importantly, they are experienced professionals who are ready to help with personalized support based on your situation.
Here are just a few of the kinds of issues your Care Coordinator can help with:
- Questions about your health insurance coverage for Bylvay™ (odevixibat)
- Helping handle some of the details and paperwork involved with getting the medication covered by insurance
- Information about financial assistance programs that may be available
- Getting information about the next refill or other information from the specialty pharmacy who handles the prescription
- Making sure the specialty pharmacy knows where to send the medication
- Providing information on support groups, community resources, and patient meetings
If you have questions, let us know and we'll help get some answers. Your Care Coordinator is just a phone call or email away. Call 855-ALBIREO (855-252-4736) or contact your Care Coordinator at their direct number or email address.
Bylvay™ (odevixibat) is available only through Albireo Assist specialty pharmacy partners. Your Care Coordinator will connect you to a specialty pharmacy who will fill the prescription each month and deliver it directly to you—even if you are traveling or moving.
Situations change and we’re here to help navigate those changes so that they don’t have an impact on treatment. If you change jobs, change doctors, change insurance, or change locations, just let us know—we’ll work to help make sure that these changes don’t affect getting the medication.
Your Care Coordinator is here to help with those kinds of logistics. Call 855-ALBIREO (855-252-4736) or contact your Care Coordinator at their direct number or email address.
Educational Materials & Programs
In addition to all the services that are part of Albireo Assist, we also offer educational and support resources for patients and their families. These include informative, downloadable materials, as well as links to patient organizations and community groups. The Resources page has the details and the downloads.
We're here to help answer your questions or to point you to resources that can help.
Copay Assistance Program Terms and Conditions
The Copay Assistance Program (“Program”) is subject to the following terms and conditions:
The Program is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare (including Part D), Medigap, VA, DoD, Tricare or other federal or state healthcare programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs). The Program is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs which reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. No claim for reimbursement of the out-of-pocket expense amount covered by the Program shall be submitted to any third-party payer, whether public or private. The savings received under this Program must be deducted from any reimbursement request submitted to the patient’s insurance plan, either directly or on behalf of the patient. This Program is not valid when the entire cost of your prescription drug is eligible to be reimbursed by your private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs. The Program is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered, in whole or in part, by third-party insurance. This Program is not valid where prohibited by law. This Program is void where use is prohibited by your insurance provider. The Program cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription. This Program is valid only in the U.S., including Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. Albireo reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the Program at any time without notice. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of any benefit provided under the program is prohibited. If your insurance situation changes you must notify the Program immediately at 1-855-ALBIREO. The maximum amount of Copay assistance under the Program is $20,000.00 per calendar year.
Enter your state to find your dedicated Albireo Assist Care Coordinator.
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Complete this Patient Consent Form to enroll in Albireo Assist. Your doctor will also need to complete an Enrollment Form and provide supporting materials for you to sign up.
Complete this Patient Assistance Program application if your Care Coordinator determines you are eligible for the program.
Indication and Important Safety Information
Indication and Usage
Bylvay is indicated for the treatment of pruritus in patients 3 months of age and older with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC).
Limitations of Use:
- Bylvay may not be effective in PFIC type 2 patients with ABCB11 variants resulting in non-functional or complete absence of bile salt export pump protein (BSEP-3).
Important Safety Information
- Speak with your healthcare provider if you experience: abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration as these have been reported with the use of Bylvay. Patients should contact their healthcare provider if they experience new onset or worsening of diarrhea.
- Elevations in liver tests (for example, AST, ALT, TB) have been observed with use of Bylvay. The patient’s health care provider will obtain liver tests before starting Bylvay and periodically during treatment with Bylvay. Patients should report to their healthcare provider any symptoms of liver problems (for example, nausea, vomiting, skin or the whites of eyes turn yellow, dark or brown urine, pain on the right side of the abdomen, loss of appetite).
- Bylvay may impair absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (FSV), which include vitamins A, D, E and K (vitamin K is assessed by measuring INR). The patient’s healthcare provider will obtain serum levels of vitamins A, D, E, and INR (for vitamin K) at baseline and periodically during treatment to assess for worsening of FSV deficiency.
- Do not mix Bylvay with liquids.
- Do not swallow the 200 mcg or 600 mcg capsule(s) containing Oral Pellets whole. These are intended to be opened and the contents mixed into soft food. Take Bylvay in the morning with a meal.
- For patients taking bile acid binding resins, take Bylvay at least 4 hours before or 4 hours after taking a bile acid binding resin.